SI Protocol: School Staff
Posted August 2019
Thank you for committing to integrate the School-Based Suicidal Ideation Response Protocol within your school!
This module is designed specifically for Grades K-12 school staff to provide you an overview of the Suicidal Ideation Protocol as it relates to being the First Point of Contact, as well as providing an overview of your student’s follow-up and re-entry into the school after receiving treatment.
This module is designed for you to learn at your own pace to:
- Understand the purpose of the SI Protocol in relation to your role.
- Explain the components of this Protocol in relation to your role.
Upon reviewing this module If you require more information please contact your school administrator or department lead.
To receive a Certificate of Completion ALL modules, handouts and the evaluation within the course must be completed.
Lessons within Module Link
- Introduction (2 min)
- Protocol Overview (5 min)
- Section 1: First Response (5 min)
- Appendix D: Guide for Speaking with Students about Suicidal Ideation (5 min)
- Follow-up & Re-entry Overview (5 min)
- Note: New Remote Application Appendix was briefly posted in error. We apologize for this error.
Audience: K-12 School Staff utilizing the SI Protocol, Point Person, Mental Health Professional, Administrator
Category: Special Projects
Est. Time: 20 minutes
Learning Level: Introduction
This series of modules, about the School-Based Suicidal Ideation Response Protocol (SI Protocol), is NOT suicide prevention training.
These modules are designed to assist school personnel in the implementation of the SI Protocol.
While this series does NOT contain disturbing images, we acknowledge the sensitivity of the subject matter.