SI Protocol: Point Person
Posted July 2019
This module is designed specifically for the School-Based Suicidal Ideation Response Protocol Point Person*. It provides you with an opportunity to view the lessons created for your role as the SI Point Person.
This module is designed for you to learn at your own pace to:
- Understand the purpose of the SI Protocol in relation to your role
- Explain the components of this Protocol in relation to your role.
Upon reviewing this module, if you require more information, please contact your school administrator or department lead.
* if you take on the role as both the Point Person and Mental Health Professional please complete Mental Health Professional module as well.
To receive a Certificate of Completion ALL modules, handouts and the evaluation within the course must be completed.
- Protocol Overview (5 min)
- Section 2: Point Person (20 min)
Contains 3 case studies
- Section 2: Experience Talking (3 min)
Deb Nunziata, Golden Hills School Division #75
- Section 4: Follow-Up & Re-entry (5 min)
- Appendix B: Safety Plan (5 min)
- Appendix C: Information Transfer Form (5 min)
- Note: “New Remote Application Appendix” was briefly posted here in error. We apologize for this.
Audience: Designated Point Person
Category: Special Projects
Est. Time: 60 minutes
Learning Level: Introduction
This series of modules, about the School-Based Suicidal Ideation Response Protocol (SI Protocol), is NOT suicide prevention training.
These modules are designed to assist school personnel in the implementation of the SI Protocol.
While this series does NOT contain disturbing images, we acknowledge the sensitivity of the subject matter.